Market Facilitation Cartoon Learning Series
Through USAID's Leveraging Economic Opportunities (LEO) project, EcoVentures International (EVI) tested innovative methods for introducing development project staff to market facilitation concepts and practices. EVI designed a practical, fun, easy-to-use and experiential learning series comprised of comic-based storybooks. The scenarios are based on real-life examples that represent a market development problem and compare different ways of solving it.
TARGET AUDIENCE: The cartoon learning series can be used by project staff and managers in formal training contexts, informal project meetings, and even individual learning environments.
PREVIEW OF VIEWING FORMATS
Each cartoon on the right is available in the following formats and languages:
Download each cartoon BELOW
Find a quick overview of the cartoon topics below. Click on the links to access the cartoons. Refer to just one cartoon or work through the entire series. Cartoons are all available in English, Spanish and French.
A. PRACTICAL TACTICS SERIES
1. CONTESTS as a tactic to introduce new technologies into a market system and amplify good behavior:
2. PERFORMANCE CLUBS for Smallholder Farmer Suppliers as a tactic to incentivize improved performance in a market system through better supply chain management:
3. FINANCING MECHANISMS as tactics to improve farmer performance in the market system:
B. MARKET FACILITATION INTERVENTION SERIES
1. INPUT SUPPLY INTERVENTIONS
2. OUTPUT BUYER INTERVENTIONS
3. Cross-Cutting Interventions